Tuesday, June 8, 2010

How do I shoot the lightning?

IMG_3951

I was very lucky to take this photo coz, Mr.Albert Foo, gave a lecture during my society activity, and then I asked him about how to shoot lightnings. And the night on that same day, many lightning strikes, I quickly mounted my DSLR on the tripod and start shooting.


Many people asked me about this photo:

Q1: Is this photo edited or fresh from Camera?
A: Fresh from camera

Q2: How many shots do u take to get this?
A: around 50 shots

Q3: How long do you get this photo
A: half an hour, quite lucky

Q3: How can u press the shutter button so accurately?
A: I used shutter speed 30s, not press the shutter when the lightning strikes.

Q4: What are the settings?
A: Exposure: 30
Aperture: f/13.0
Focal Length: 18 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Flash: Off, Did not fire

Q5: How do u prevent camera shake?
A: as i don't have cables, i used 2sec timer lo

Here's how it's look like when i take the photo:


It's practically the same except for the camera and it's in the afternooon, not at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment