Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Why Canon and not Nikon?

Other: Jun Hong ar, what Camera are you using?
Me: Canon 500D
Other: Har?! Why you don't want to use Nikon?
Me: *speechless*
_____________________________________
Ok, this is the most frequent question I've heard. And I don't know how many times I've answered this stupid question.

So, here's the reason I chose Canon instead of Nikon:

I was once a fan of Nikon, I like the sound of Nikon's shutter. It's kinda comfortable if compare to Canon's noise. If you want to know the difference, you can always find your friend who has this 2 types of camera. And Nikon has nicer colour than Canon.

But when I want to buy my 1st DSLR, my 1st DSLR that appear in my mind is Nikon D90. But with the budget I have, I don't have the money to buy it. So I have to find some cheaper ones.

So D5000 is the 2nd DSLR in my list. But Canon also have a DSLR similiar to D5000, 500D. Their price are almost the same. So I compare this 2 DSLR.

I tested out the Nikon D5000, then I tested out the Canon 500D.(In Gurney's camera fair) Honestly, I think that the Canon 500D's features are way better than Nikon D5000. And I like the Canon 500D's gripping compare to Nikon D5000. So I decided to buy Canon 500D.Canon 500D also have a wider range of lenses compare to Nikon.

And what do you know? I did not regret buying the Canon 500D. After buying the Canon 500D, I'd found that I like Macro very much. And Canon is the only producer which produce the MPE-5, which can grow from 1:1 to 5:1 with just a barrel of turn. But I haven't reach the standard to use the MPE5 yet la.


So these are the reasons I chose Canon instead of Nikon, so don't ask me the reason anymore in the future cause I'll either not answer you or just answer you simply.


2 comments: